CSP stands for “Customer Service Point” which is a concept designed under PPP (Public Private Partnership) Where a CSP works as a representative or agent of Bank and appointed to provide Banking service to citizens. The Banking services like Account opening, cash deposit acceptance and cash withdrawal etc.
To help citizens to open a saving bank account under different government schemes and policies like “Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna”. Acceptance of cash deposit and cash withdrawal, to process “Kisaan Credit Card” Direct benefits transfer and Subsidy transfer etc.
To become a Oxygen Bc to any bank you must have following things readily available.
- Computer (Desktop or Laptop)
- Internet connectivity (Broadband, Modem or Dongle)
- Printer (Along with Scanner)
- Power Backup (Inverter)
- Minimum 100 SQFT office space
Any Firm, organization or individual who is 18 and studied 10th can apply and become a CSP, apart from this an applicant should have basic computer knowledge. Experience is NOT mandatory but preferred. According to Government and Reserve Bank of India circular, a CSP can be opened on every village basis and in urban areas onward basis.
The main duties of Oxygen Bc are as follows-
- To generate awareness regarding saving and offering advice on managing money & debt related issues.
- To identify the potential of customer among the crowd & generate business opportunity.
- To enrolment and collect/verify forms need to open bank accounts.
- To help customers in filling & submitting application forms.
- To collect/accept the payment of the small value of the deposit.
- To provide the details of bank account like a mini statement.
- To provide any kind of support on behalf of the bank i.e. pension & insurance products.